Governor Kay Ivey is passionate about education. She believes it is the key to helping families, creating a stronger economy, and making Alabama the talk of the nation – in a good way.
The Strong Start, Strong Finish (SSSF) education initiative launched by Governor Ivey works to integrate Alabama’s early childhood education, K-12 education, and workforce development efforts into a seamless educational journey for all Alabamians.
There are three major strategies for SSSF:
- Pre-Kindergarten through Third Grade (Pre through Three)
- Computer Science for Alabama (CS4AL)
- Advanced Training leads to Better Jobs (Advanced Training, Better Jobs)
Measurable Goals for SSSF Include:
- Securing Alabama First-Class Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) program state-wide.
- Ensuring all of Alabama’s third graders are proficient readers by 2022.
- Offering a rigorous computer science course at all middle and high schools by 2022.
- Prepare 500,000 more Alabamians to enter the workforce with high-quality postsecondary degrees, certificates, and/or credentials.