Governor’s Christmas Gingerbread House Contest
Want to make the countdown to Christmas something memorable for your family this year? Then why not participate in a new tradition. Governor Kay Ivey invites you to participate in the inaugural Governor’s Christmas Gingerbread House Contest. Governor Ivey says, “Christmas is a special time of year, and I look forward to seeing the creativity and ingenuity on display from folks all across our state. It will certainly be a beautiful sight as the State Capitol welcomes a visual feast of festive gingerbread houses reflecting Alabama and its beauty.
For details on how to enter, see below:
Invited to participate:
- Individuals of any age
- Restaurants and Businesses
- Community Organizations
- Museums and Arts groups
- The gingerbread house’s theme must relate to ‘Alabama’ (ex. locations, history, culture, sports, etc.)
- Complete the online form HERE by Saturday, November 27, 2021 to be registered in the gingerbread house contest. Registration will cut off at 100 applicants, so apply early.
- Must be family friendly and non-controversial. We reserve the right not to display gingerbread houses that fall under that category.
- Maximum size for base 24” by 24” by 30” tall. Weight cannot exceed 50lbs
- Everything visible must be edible
- Please include a 3” by 5” note card on the underside of the display with your name, email, phone number and the category you entered.
- Entry drop-off is Monday, November 29, 2021 between 12:00-4:00 p.m. on the first floor of the Alabama Capitol in the Old Supreme Court Library.
- The address for the State Capitol is 600 Dexter Ave. Montgomery, AL 36104.
- The gingerbread houses will be on display in the Old Supreme Court Library of the Alabama Capitol December 1, 2021 until January 3, 2022.
- Governor Kay Ivey will award ribbons for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in 3 categories. Winning ribbons will be placed by December 1.
- The three categories are General category, Children’s category (under 12 years old) and Student’s category (12-18 years old).
- Available for pick-up Monday, January 3, 2021 between 12:00-4:00 p.m.