The First Lady is excited to announce her newest initiative promoting the Alabama State Parks system during its 75th anniversary and Tourism’s Year of Alabama Parks. As a way to see the different environments and activities the state parks offer, she has developed “Mrs. Bentley’s Bucket List.” Throughout the year, Mrs. Bentley will travel to different state parks and check off different items. Join her by posting pictures of you at the state parks participating in the bucket list with #MrsBentleysBucketList.
As the First Lady of Alabama and most importantly as a mom and grandmother, family will always be a top priority. It is my passion to see Alabama families enjoy healthy relationships and spend time with one another without the distractions of ringing cell phones and never-ending to-do lists.
Alabama State Parks provide families and friends fantastic getaways in a variety of our state’s natural environments. Whether you are sticking your toes in the white sand of the Gulf, exploring a cave below the earth’s surface or hiking through mountains to the state’s highest point, all 22 parks reveal Alabama’s beauty while offering visitors a recreational retreat.
Join me in supporting Alabama State Parks by participating in Mrs. Bentley’s Bucket List. Simply take a picture of you doing whatever activity on the bucket list, and post it to social media outlets with #MrsBentleysBucketList. Together we can promote Alabama State Parks and have fun sharing our experiences too!
First Lady of Alabama
Mrs. Bentley’s Bucket List items:
- Retreat to a lakeside cabin at Joe Wheeler State Park.
- See the 126 ft. wide, 25 ft. high cave opening of Cathedral Caverns State Park.
- Take a selfie by Desoto Falls at Desoto State Park.
- Enjoy fine dining at Guntersville State Park.
- Go 175 ft. below the earth’s surface at Rickwood Caverns State Park.
- Hike to Alabama’s highest point (2,407 ft. above sea level) at Cheaha State Park.
- Mountain bike or horseback ride through Oak Mountain State Park.
- Rent a boat at Lakepoint State Park.
- Zip line along the coast of Gulf State Park.
Download Mrs. Bentley’s Bucket List